Current:Home > StocksCharles H. Sloan-Artem Chigvintsev Returns to Dancing With the Stars Ballroom Amid Nikki Garcia Divorce -Elevate Profit Vision
Charles H. Sloan-Artem Chigvintsev Returns to Dancing With the Stars Ballroom Amid Nikki Garcia Divorce
Indexbit View
Date:2025-04-06 13:58:40
Artem Chigvintsev is still in step with his Dancing With the Stars family.
Amid his ongoing divorce from ex Nikki Garcia (previously known as Nikki Bella),Charles H. Sloan the professional dancer stepped out for the show’s 500th episode alongside former colleague Peta Murgatroyd, as seen in the latter’s Nov. 12 Instagram Story.
In the video, Chigvintsev appears with Murgatroyd and her husband Maksim Chmerkovskiy as they take in the action on the ballroom dance floor from the audience's perspective.
Chigvintsev—who was not renewed as a pro for Dancing With the Stars’ 33rd season—flashes a smile and double peace signs for his briefly-captured moment.
The 42-year-old’s public outing comes just three months after he was arrested in Napa, Calif., Aug. 29 on a domestic violence charge, and was promptly released on a $25,000 bail later that same day. The charges were later dropped.
Two weeks later, Garcia—who shares 4-year-old son Matteo with Chigvintsev—filed for divorce from after two years of marriage.
And while Chigvintsev has largely remained silent on the matter, in an Oct. 31 court filing detailed the financial strain he has faced amid his legal matters.
“After the mugshot and the arrest based on her false allegations,” he alleged in the documents, obtained by The Daily Mail Nov. 6, “I was taken off the website faculty list resulting in loss of over $100k in income.”
Chigvintsev, who in previous court filings has alleged the former WWE star was the aggressor, continued to further state that Garcia has made false claims against him.
“I also lost the social media promotion revenue,” he added elsewhere in the filing made to Napa Superior Court. “which she continues to benefit from as she was more worried about her career when she lied to the police, than mine.”
Garcia, meanwhile, has maintained privacy amid the former couple’s divorce—although her rep told TMZ she had dropped the domestic violence charges because she did not want to see Chigvintsev “go to jail.”
“This is a private matter,” Garcia’s rep told E! News previously concerning her ongoing divorce, “and Nikki asks for privacy for her and her family at this time.”
Keep reading for a full look into Chigvintsev and Garcia’s divorce timeline.
Artem Chigvintsev was arrested shortly before 10 a.m. on Aug. 29, Napa County Sheriff’s Office’s Public Information Officer Henry Wofford confirmed to E! News.
Wofford noted the Dancing With the Stars pro did not was resist and was taken to the Napa County Department of Corrections. Chigvintsev was booked on a charge of felony domestic violence with a bail set at $25,000, per online records.
The professional dancer posted bail and was released from custody at 2:18 p.m. on Aug.29, Wofford confirmed to E! News. A court date has yet to be announced.
While Wofford told NBC News Chigvintsev was arrested in Yountville, Calif, he did not reveal the exact location due to a request for privacy from the alleged victim.
As a result of this request, he added, the Sheriff is also not releasing the name, gender or age of the alleged victim or the individual’s relationship to Chigvintsev. However, Wofford did have this to say about the arrest.
“When someone is charged with felony domestic violence usually this means there is a visible injury or credible eyewitness,” he told E! News, “our deputies felt comfortable arresting him on felony domestic violence charges.”
“Of course this could change with more evidence that might come through,” Wofford continued, “but at the time of the arrest the deputies felt it was a felony charge instead of a misdemeanor."
He also shared why victims may choose to keep personal information private in these cases.
“Some victims may not feel comfortable sharing all details at time the suspect is arrested,” Wofford noted. “Some victims feel embarrassed, threatened, or fear the incident may impact their family. We have to give victims adequate time and support, which help them realize we are here to help.”
In an audio recording shared by TMZ Aug. 30, a dispatcher can be heard saying Chigvintsev had initially called 911 to request medical attention after an argument in which shoes were allegedly thrown at him. However, the dispatcher said the 42-year-old later stated that medical help was no longer needed.
Still, Wofford said authorities continued with their check.
“For domestic violence, if someone picks up the phone and says, ‘You don’t have to come after all,’ we’re still going to go for a welfare check," he told Page Six. "We’re not just going to stop what we’re doing."
As of Aug. 30, Chigvintsev has yet to speak publicly on the arrest or 911 call. E! News has reached out to his rep for comment but has yet to hear back.
Chigvintsev’s arrest came less than three weeks prior to Dancing With the Stars’ season 33 premiere. However, the past Mirrorball winner—who’s appeared on 12 seasons of the competition series—was not set to be a part of this season’s cast, Page Six and Variety reported.
E! News has reached out to ABC for comment but has yet to hear back.
A rep for Nikki Garcia—who met Chigvintsev when they were paired together on season 25 of Dancing With the Stars in 2017—spoke out about his arrest the day after his booking and release.
"This is a private matter,” the rep told E! News Aug. 30, “and Nikki asks for privacy for her and her family at this time."
Chigvintsev’s arrest came three days after he and Garcia—who share 4-year-old son Matteo—celebrated their second wedding anniversary.
“Happy anniversary my love,” the ballroom dancer wrote on Instagram Aug. 26. “can’t see my life with out you. You are my everything.”
In her own post, the former WWE star quoted the lyrics from Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” and posted throwback footage of the couple in Paris, where they got married in 2022.
“This song is our love story,” she wrote in the caption. “I’ll never forget where I was when I asked Jesus about Artem. Having a conversation with He & God. How my feelings felt too soon. It all felt too fast. And then this song came on. And that’s when I knew that I was falling in love with him and that it was all meant to be. Happy Anniversary @theartemc I love you!”
Shortly after Chigvintsev’s arrest, Cheryl Burke—who retired as a Dancing With the Stars pro in 2022 after 26 seasons on the show—shared her reaction to the news.
Noting Chigvintsev is someone she grew up with and lived with at one time, Burke said on her podcast Sex, Lies and Spray Tans that she was in “complete shock” over his arrest.
“My heart goes out to everyone involved,” she shared on the Aug. 30 episode, noting it was recorded the day before. “It’s just really hard for me because he was my family. I don’t know what to say here other than I hope everybody’s OK.”
In a clip of her podcast posted to TikTok, Burke also shared resources.
Napa County District Attorney Allison Haley shared on Sept. 24, 2024, that her office will not be filing charges against Chigvintsev following a "thorough review of the criminal investigation and careful evaluation of the evidence presented to the DA’s Office."
“If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, help is available,” she wrote in the caption. “Consider calling the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233, or text START to 88788, or go to…https://www.thehotline.org/.”
In a Sept. 25, 2024 statement to E! News, Chigvintsev said he was "incredibly relieved and grateful" that his domestic violence charge was dropped.
"This has been an extremely difficult time for me," he shared. "I am thankful that the truth has prevailed."
The dancer added that he is "hopeful" in securing an equal co-parenting arrangement with Garcia, who requested for sole legal and physical custody of their son Matteo in her to Sept. 11 divorce filing.
Chigvintsev said, "I look forward to moving past this chapter and focusing on what truly matters—continue being the best father I can be."
Garcia obtained a restraining order against her ex after stating in a petition obtained by TMZ that Chigvintsev "tackled me multiple times and pinned me to the ground while our child was present."
“Due to the incident that led to Artem’s arrest on August 29, 2024, Nikki has decided to file for a temporary Domestic Violence Restraining Order to protect herself and her son,” Nikki’s reps said in a statement TMZ. “Although Nikki requested that the Napa District Attorney not file charges against Artem as she did not want him to go to jail, he must still be held accountable for his actions, and Nikki and her son must be protected.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (3)
Related
- Jamie Foxx gets stitches after a glass is thrown at him during dinner in Beverly Hills
- Nicola Peltz Beckham Sues Groomer Over Dog's Death
- Ex-leaders of Penn State frat where pledge died after night of drinking plead guilty to misdemeanors
- Texas radio host’s lover sentenced to life for role in bilking listeners of millions
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- How Nebraska’s special legislative session on taxes came about and what to expect
- Christina Applegate Details the Only Plastic Surgery She Had Done After Facing Criticism
- Kamala Harris, Megyn Kelly and why the sexist attacks are so dangerous
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Ice Spice is equal parts coy and confident as she kicks off her first headlining tour
Ranking
- Angelina Jolie nearly fainted making Maria Callas movie: 'My body wasn’t strong enough'
- Milwaukee man gets 11 years for causing crash during a police chase which flipped over a school bus
- PHOTO COLLECTION: Tensions rise in Venezuela after Sunday’s presidential election - July 30, 2024
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Son Miles Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes
- Bill Belichick's salary at North Carolina: School releases football coach's contract details
- Pennsylvania Sen. John Fetterman recovering from COVID-19 at home
- Kathie Lee Gifford hospitalized with fractured pelvis after fall: 'Unbelievably painful'
- Alabama, civic groups spar over law restricting assistance with absentee ballot applications
Recommendation
Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
Nicola Peltz Beckham accuses grooming company of 'reckless and malicious conduct' after dog's death
Ice Spice is equal parts coy and confident as she kicks off her first headlining tour
What’s next for Katie Ledecky? Another race and a relay as she goes for more records
Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
Jets’ McCutcheon has made mental health awareness his mission since best friend’s death in 8th grade
Video tutorial: How to use Apple Maps, Google Maps to help you find a good dinner spot
Father, girlfriend charged with endangerment after boy falls to his death from 8th-story window